- This event has passed.
VOH: Halloween Trick-or-Treat Guidance
October 31 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
From the Village of Hobart: Traditionally, we have held trick-or-treating from 4 to 7 PM on the day of Halloween, and we will continue to follow that practice in 2020. We will leave the decision on whether not to participate in trick or treating up the parents and guardians of the children, and to the residents who wish to hand out candy and other treats. All we ask is that all of those who wish to participate follow the recommended guidelines on social distancing and the use of personal protection equipment. The Brown County Public Health Department has put out guidance, which we have shared on our social media platforms, that bears repeating. If you choose to send your children out, please follow these guidelines:
- If you are sick, or have recently been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 or has symptoms, stay home.
- Wear a face covering over your mouth and nose to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Masks can fit under your costume or be tied into a part of costumes!
- Avoid indoor and confined spaces – keep your events outdoors when possible. Enjoy the last bit of time outside with a bonfire before winter hibernation sets in. Project a spooky movie in your yard!
- Enjoy the evening and be sure to practice social distancing by staying 6 feet away from people outside of your household. If you do go trick-or-treating this year, stick with your household members.
- When hunting for treats, be sure to carry hand sanitizer and use it often.
- Clean frequently touched items regularly.
If you are handing out treats this Halloween, follow these guidelines:
- If you are concerned about your health or are home sick, feel free to leave your porch light off for the evening. Trick-or-Treaters will move along to the next house.
- If you still want to hand out candy, consider small bags or individually packaged candies, placed on a tray outside of your door that are easy to see by the lil’ ghosts and goblins!
- For those braving the lil’ monsters, please consider wearing a mask and keeping interactions with trick-or-treaters brief when handing out goodies.
Together, we can all enjoy Halloween, be safe, and beat back this insipid virus. We appreciate it!